Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yummy gluten free pizza!

I made this pizza the other day trying out my new Better Batter gluten free flour. It's the first time I've ever used it and ordered it due to the fact it has no dairy in it so my daughter can eat baked goods without taking a pill to digest the lactose. It is fantastic stuff. I've tried many flours since going gluten free and this is the best. I had excess dough after shaping 2 pizzas so I made some bread sticks and small crusts to freeze for whenever the mood strikes me for a small pizza. I did the first bake and then cooled them and froze them and to make them I top it while frozen and bake for 15 mins in the toaster oven. Here's a pic of the large pizza I made before it's second bake and the small ones I've been making in my toaster oven.





I also made bread sticks using some of the excess batter and those were just delicious. They were crunchy on the bottom and chewy on the rest on the outside and nice and soft in the center, and I'm talking a softness that rivaled when I used to make gluten filled bread sticks, yum! We had them with a gluten free nacho cheese sauce. Talk about delicious! Here's a pic of the sticks.



I love that you can use this in your old recipes cup for cup. I will be making my daughters birthday cake this week with it and will share pics again and my experience. I have no doubt I will be just as pleased.

And since I'm sharing food pics here are some delicious potato skins I made the other day. I used some nacho cheese and turkey bacon and shredded cheese. They were awesome. I really liked this turkey bacon too. I'm not sure how much more healthy it is since it's made from turkey thighs but it sure was tasty.



Bye!

No comments: