Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yes, it has been awhile.

It has been quite awhile since I have posted anything. We went to Disney in April to watch Susan's high school band march the evening parade. It was really cool.

Did I mention it was cold there!








It was a good time.......

And then this happened......



Yeah, it hurt, how dare I put my jacket on! I was putting my jacket on and there was a loud pop and a whole lot of pain.

Then, I think about a week after we got home there was this......



Yeah, Susan had to have her gallbladder out. She was a very sick girl. She got very sick with an attack on the bus to Disney but they were still close to home so she would not tell her band director because she was afraid she would turn around. Bad me forgot to give her the pain meds she was prescribed but luckily I had them in my luggage and took them to her hotel. It was a cursed trip. 2 of the kids in the hospital, one with just strep and came right back from the ER, one almost died, she could not come home until several weeks after the kids were home and was never able to go back to school. Thankfully she was able to walk her graduation!

Then there was prom......



The boyfriends turned out to be a HUGE loser by the way.

Then, one MRI later this happened......






Yes, I had to have surgery! Turns out I had bone spurs on my shoulder from a previous injury and a tendon kept popping on it. My shoulder was cleaned up and some bone shaved off my collar bone. It hurt, it still hurts but is a lot better but I spent the summer recovering and am still recovering and working on it. Clearly no crafty things going on here these past months and not a ton of gluten free creating. I've been sticking with my old stand by's. When I get my kitchen counters back I can work on creating some new dishes and I'll have to explain what happened to my counters in another post because that will be a long one too. Let's just say every thing went to hell with the house at once. I wanted to tear my hair out! Abandoning my house crossed my mind, but then I got my senses together LOL. I have pictures to share of what we are doing and we had another nice vacation.

Dinner tonight, a large turkey about 18 pounds stuffed with cut up onions and oranges, mashed potatoes, gravy and salad. A lovely gluten free dinner, yummy! Gotta go baste the bird!

Bye!!

No comments: