Well, I got it together and snapped a photo of the finished project that I gave you a sneak peek of a few weeks ago. Please ignore the fact that the room still needs the top trim put up and I will not admit it has needed that put up for about the last 9 years, oopps! It is getting done this winter! I swear!
I love how it turned out. This is what I started with.
When I bought the letters I spotted the colored popsicle sticks hanging and figured I could come up with some thing to use them for. I really like how I chose to use them as the back drop and the different design with the colors really turned out nice if I do say so myself.
I was surprised at how long it took to do this. I figured it would be a quickie one day project but it actually turned into a 3 day project. The gluing the popsicle sticks together and the multiple coats of paint to cover the wood letters took some time.
We love crafting around here and I have started getting Alec on that path.