Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What I've been working on...

Cause I know you are just dying to know. I've been getting into the Christmas spirit around here and working on these.



Aren't they cute! I downloaded the pattern last year so unfortunately I can't give credit to where I got it from. I love, love, love gingerbread men! They are too cute and these will look good on my tree. I've got a really cute chef ginger bread man holding a bag of gluten free flour that I put in the kitchen for the holidays. The craft show where I got him is coming up and I plan on going back to that booth for a few more of the other gingerbread men she had. Hopefully she will be there again.

This is the first one I made. It's the original size of the pattern.



After making this one I decided to enlarge the pattern all the way to full page size and that is what you see in the first picture.
This one I did completely by hand.



Here is a close up of the stitching on the leg of the one made by hand.



I really like the look of the hand stitched one but my stitching is too messy for my taste so I went back to using my sewing machine. It is much faster and neater looking. while making these I watched a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and a Charlie Brown Christmas. Nope, no Christmas spirit yet. Maybe it will show up after I do some Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I do really enjoy doing that with Dan every year. We don't do the 3am thing. We go out later in the morning.

I've also been working with those strips of fabric and they got cut into these.



What did I turn those into you ask, well I will show you when I have the top together which should be very soon, yay!

Bye!

No comments: