Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sewing away

I have just spent the last 2 days sewing away in my sewing room. Dan bought me a new tv/dvd combo because the laptop I was using for a dvd player decided it didn't have an operating system anymore. I don't know about you but I have to have a tv going when I sew. I could also listen to my IPod but I have to be in the mood to listen to music or it just makes me angry. Don't ask me why, that is just the way I am. Here is a photo of my new awesome tv.



I love it!! I put it right where I can see it when sewing and it has me sitting at my sewing machine working right along. Check it out.



So what I have been working on? I know you are wondering. I've been making dresden plates and I must say, I have been having a lot of fun making them. Here are the ones I've been working on. These are for Susan's graduation quilt.





I've got like 15 of them made and about 4 of these half ones made.



Today I finished putting these half square triangles together using the Thangles paper. These are for another graduation quilt I am making. I still have to tear the paper off of them and will probably do that while watching tv.



Another project I will beginning in the next day or so is a baby quilt for a young friend of mine who is having a bay in April. She is having a girl and I walked the fabric store for a long while trying to figure out what I want to make. The mom said she loved polka dots and the color green. I know exactly what I am making and it should turn out so cute! I am very excited about it. Here is a peek at the fabrics I am using.



And to end this post I will tell you that for the last couple of days I have had every intention of getting my scrap booking desk cleared off so I can get some scrapping done. Each day I have gotten caught up in my sewing so have not gotten to it yet. Here is a photo of what it looks like right now. It's a disaster with papers, fabric and even my camera and camera bag piled on top of it. I will share a photo when I finally get to cleaning it off. I really want to get back to using my Cricut. I have seen some really cute cartridges lately that I would like to have and I'd also like to get the Gypsy and I've been trying to learn the Cricut Design Studio software that Dan got me for Christmas last year. It's a great software program. Anyway, here is the desk.



It was brought to my attention that I have yet to show what I did with all of those strips I showed you in a previous post. I will do that soon. I still need to snap a photo of it.

I will do it soon. I promise!

Bye!

3 comments:

Diana Davis said...

Love the dresden plates! and I am waiting to see what you haven't posted yet!

Haylee said...

Those dresden plates look awesome! They look difficult too.

Denise said...

Those Dresden Plates are really nice. Lovely job!